Tuesday, June 12, 2007

one hundred things that move me (1st half)

the raw, awakening pain of natural childbirth
the fear and joy of raising sisters without having one
being the only sister
max
just the four of us
watching the girls play in the yard
camping out
magnolia trees
people who surprise me
meteor showers
hair cuts
tanned feet
old pictures
an ice cold beer
jokesters
jersey knit sheets
going somewhere i've never been
tirelessly dissecting the oddities of family
um...dancing when i'm by myself
my very first girlfriends
outdoor markets
inconvenient truths
powerful ladies
transcendentalist literature
sleeping children
reunions
watching my friends become mothers
my mama georgie
nicknames
the dooce
discovery HD
collages
learning something i never knew from one of my students
the gi-normous mystery of space
firm handshakes
casting a line
playing kickball
cousins
the iMac
splenda
my new ability to confront people when necessary
chacos
emo (i miss you;)
warm wind
baths
bone dry humor
giggle-inspired toots
support (all things implied)
hearing a song that should be on the soundtrack of my life
realizing that 100% of the time, people's feet, in shape, size, and toe structure, somehow reflect personality (yep--talking to you)

4 comments:

susan said...

yeah yeah yeah.
i have a new read.
i have been waiting for this for a LONG TIME!!!!
i can't wait, as this will make the miles disapear!
love you so much.

Crescent said...

I'm so excited you are blogging!!! I love and miss you always and this will be a wonderful way to keep up with your life.

Love and kisses,
Crescent

LAC said...

So now you're telling everyone I'm a crook? I don't get it. Numbers 47 and 48 are also objectionable.

Anonymous said...

You can come sit under my magnolia tree any day. (The birds love it, so you better wear a hat.)